Center for Teaching and Learning
Goals and Outcomes
The Center’s goals are to:
- Advance best practices for the dissemination of knowledge to guide the development and the implementation of best teaching and assessment practices
- Create a collegial environment of shared purpose and mutual support across the institution
- Promote a view of teaching based on the principles of a learning centered approach
- Integrate effective and innovative teaching and research-based techniques.
- Provide practical advice on the integration of innovative pedagogies and technology driven methodologies
- Provide resources to faculty on high impact pedagogies and learning technologies
- Function as a center of innovation and professional development regionally and internationally
- Establish and maintain long-term sustainable and transformative partnerships across campus and between the campus and the community.
- Adopting the train the trainer model
- Encouraging/Fostering dialogues and mutually beneficial partnerships
- Consulting individually or in small groups with experts
- Projecting/sharing professional teaching examples
- Hosting faculty workshops
- Creating teaching resources
- Providing ongoing support
- Sponsoring faculty teaching and research awards
- Reaching out to the community at large
- Facilitating peer groups in the classroom
- Implementing peer visits through the four square model.